Thursday 12 January 2012

Clean and Simple

This week, I have been "attending" online classes on Clean and Simple Card-making.
You can find the link HERE. Even though the classes started this past Monday (and run for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!), you can register and join in any time. The classes are available for review with lifetime access.  They feature an instructional video, three examples and links to even more. Plus a gallery to which you can upload your creations.
As I have not had much time to "play" this week, I've managed only one card so far.


The first class focussed on simple sketches, like this:
In my version, the outer frame was stamped leaving a masked space in the middle. I used a left-over die-cut shape for my mask, loosely adhering it to the centre. I stamped my background image, Universal Backgrounds, by Close to My Heart in quilting quadrants, in two shades of teal ink. I stippled around the edge of the mask, to give it extra definition. I decided my sentiment looked better overlapping the outer frame, rather then in the middle, as in the sketch. "Missing you" was heat-embossed in Archival Black. I added three little buttons for an accent.
I thought the combination of the vintage script (like old love letters), the empty space in the middle and the muted, monochromatic colour scheme contributed to the feeling of wistfulness. I used the mask itself as a focal on the inside of the card.

I can't wait to try out some of the other ideas featured on Days 2, 3 and 4. Happy Stamping...

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you did with the inside of the card on this one... kind of like finding the missing piece - clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!