Sunday 4 March 2012

Inspired By Challenge #13--Bear Hugs for Baby

Isn't that little guy so BEARY cute?

This card was created to play along with the Inspired By Challenge #13 (click on the link at left).

I was unable to upload the photo inspiration for this challenge, but you can see it by going to the Inspired By blog (sorry, Laurel, not sure what went wrong?).

I particularly liked the stripes, the wall-hanging on a rod, and the cute denim pockets.

My version uses old papers by K & Company (for the stenciled letters, and pocket) and Basic Grey (background stripe). I cut the lettered paper into pennant shapes and "hung" them by threading them with "denim" twine from The Twinery. They were also popped up with foam tape to differentiate them from the background paper.

The bear and sentiment are from the "Chubby Chum Pals" stamp set by Paper Smooches. You should check out the website or blog--they just released a bunch of new stamp sets, some with more appealing critters and others with great geometrical designs. I love Kim Hughes' style!



I stamped and paper-pieced the bear. I free-hand cut the pocket he is sitting on and "stitched" it with a white Uni-ball Signo pigment ink pen. The blue outlines are done with a Sakura Glaze pen. Buttons are from Close to My Heart, and organdy ribbon from JoAnn's. The tag-shaped card base is from Michael's.

You can play along with this challenge by uploading your creation to this link by midnight, Wednesday, March 7th.

4 comments:

  1. OH my this is just so CUTE! I love that banner and little bear! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! And you are paper piecing ;-) welcome to my world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bear... cuuuuuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!