Wednesday 14 March 2012

Rain or Shine...

Well, its only March, but we've been having some showers which have melted away all the ugly, end-of-season grey snow, so it seemed like a great time to break out the "umbrella4you" stamp set from the {stamps} of life, pictured below.
When I saw that polka-dot section for the umbrella, I KNEW I wanted to create some polka-dot boots to go with it. So I dressed up the little girl from the "kids2love" set.
I stamped the polka dot section on a piece of scrap paper and cut out boot shapes to fit the girl's feet. She is standing in a puddle made with Pearlescent Cardstock from Wausau Papers, with a little Stickles added.




The umbrella is paper-pieced with some old DP from Sizzix, called "Watercolors." I used some for the dress, and the card base, as well. I saw an umbrella embellished with pearls on Karen Giron's blog, the sweetest thing, so added those to mine, too.

The sentiment on the inside of the card:

A little blurry, sorry. Anyway, it is part of the umbrella4you stamp set, as are the rain drops, in a couple of different sizes. I didn't have the right aqua shade of stamp pad, so I coloured the stamp with marker, which made an even more watery effect.

So, don't you feel like stomping in some puddles now?

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Caroline - love the bright colours and the wet puddle :)
    Many thanks for stopping by my blog too - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one sooooo cute with the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!