Monday 2 April 2012

Channelling Corina... Summer Album Part VI

This is the most recently completed page of our summer vacation album.

However, the title to this posting refers to my sister's good friend, Corina, who is a FABulous scrapbooker, found-object alterer, and just generally creative person. She lives in the Netherlands and designs for the Dutch paper-crafting company Scrapdelight. She produces wonderful scrapbook pages with a wealth of tactile features, incorporating such hand-crafted details as crochet, embroidery, ribbon flowers, stitching, repurposed objects, and so on. She is also a great photographer, so her blog is a treat to visit. I am always inspired to see her work. You can check out her blog, "No More Sleeping {just scrapping!} HERE. She posts in Dutch, but you will see a Google Translate button on the left border, and can indicate your language of choice. Take a look at the Photography tab at the top, as well; there are some great images of Holland and other locales.

So for this page, I channelled my "inner Corina" and made it as texturally interesting as possible. I used a paper doily for my photo mat, and edged the upper mat with a Martha Stewart lacy border punch; a Fiskar's punch created slots for threading ribbon. I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the letters for my title--the perforations in them were perfect for the lacy theme.
 The grouping of goodies in the lower right corner includes a canvas sticker, lace flower and buttons, all CTMH's Bohemian collection.
 The image linking the two photos (my husband and me on a rare night out!) involves a stamp-edge frame cut with the Cricut, the last piece of patterned paper from the Elemental pack I used for the whole album, plus a stamped heart with a Maya Road stick-pin.

I made sure to include ephemera from the date (ticket stub) matted on a tag with faux stitching using a Signo Uniball white pen, and more ribbon. Not quite as gorgeous as Corina's work but I was pleased with the overall effect.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!