Tuesday 12 June 2012

Blogging of You...

Second posting of the day, but I work the rest of the week, so wanted to make sure my item made the challenge deadline.
This card is being submitted to Retrosketches #15- which runs until midnight this Thursday, June 14th.

Here's how the above sketch turned into this "thinking of you" card. The curvy label shape, turned on its side, reminded me of the head of a bed; I saw the new free digi-stamp from "Whimsie Doodles" this week (check it out HERE) with a little cutie working on her lap-top. Finally, I viewed a tutorial by Wendy Ramlakhan, on how to colour hair, and decided to give it a try. So the resulting image is sort of "me on a Saturday morning" when my DH gets up with the dog (instead of me) and brings me a coffee in bed, so I can surf the Web and get caught up on my favorite blogs (isn't he sweet!).

The DP and ribbon are from Paper Wishes, the Sweet Nostalgia pack.  The blogger image was printed on white card-stock and coloured with markers and a blending pen. I folded a piece of patterned paper to resemble a blanket over her knees.  I kept the ribbon from the sketch and used the three gems on the upper left as pearl thought-bubbles to link the sentiment (Stamps of Life) which is printed onto a Sizzix cloud die.
Can't wait for Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Fabby card - love how you turned the sketch - looks great x
    How lucky you are to have such a lovely doting hubby too :)
    Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog (X) and yes my friend is TOTALLY fabulous - or should I say absolutely fabulous !
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Caroline - gorgeous that you turned it into a bedhead and that hair colouring is FAB - still need to master that! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week - ESPECIALLY Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea to flip the sketch and turned it into a bedhead! Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the hair = looking forward to a lesson when I am home!

    xox, Muggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!