Wednesday 12 December 2012

Buttercup!

This week's challenge at Color My Heart:
Use Buttercup, with some black and white allowed.

Buttercup is a lovely soft yellow. I thought Sarah Stone's idea (above) of keeping the design simple set off the colour well. But I wanted to add a little interest, so tried an ink/embossing technique.
I applied the Buttercup inkpad directly to my Cuttlebug embossing folder, then ran it through the machine as usual. The ink ends up in the recessed areas of the impression. Kind of subtle, but effective.
Stamps are from Paper Smooches' "We Connect." I stamped the big ampersand in second-generation black, for more contrast. Hope that still fits the challenge. Makes for a nice wedding congratulation card.
Check out the other entries at Color my Heart. Always inspiring!

Off to work,
Caroline

3 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the debossed ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love the modern look. Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So striking, Caroline! I gotta give that debossed ink technique a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!