Friday 19 July 2013

Jewel Tones--Color My Heart Dare #52





Color My Heart Dare #52...this must mean the first anniversary of the Color My Heart challenge blog! I'll have to check on that with creator, Sarah Stone.



The design team is now taking turns, posting every other week, and I'm really happy with this week's challenge palette:  a trio of jewel tones,

TWILIGHT
OLIVE and
RUBY

Prompted by this image from an on-line catalogue, Keepsake Quilting (a GREAT place to go browse for design ideas, BTW),
I decided to stick with an Amish theme and showcase those colours against a backdrop of basic black.
The quilt blocks were made using a couple of different dies. The background square is from my fave Lil'Inker's Stitched Mats series. The actual templates are from a die I purchased from Simon Says Stamp, Wplus9 Quilt Cuts 2. For a pattern like this, I recommend using a die or punch to get your shapes perfectly-sized. I can tell you, from years of experience quilting, that there is nothing more annoying than having to repeatedly trim a seam to get it to fit.

We attended the wake for a friend's father last weekend, and needed a sympathy card, so the sentiment from Papertrey Ink, Quilter's Sampler was perfect.


✄✂✂✂✄

Now it's your turn!
How do those beautiful saturated colours inspire you?
Go visit the Color My Heart blog to see some more lovely creations by the design team, then break out your scissors and ink and get crafty. We love seeing your work!
Remember, the challenge colours do NOT have to be Close to My Heart. Use what you have.
You have until next Thursday, July 25th, to link up your project.

Happy crafting,
Caroline

Supplies:
Cardstock in Colonial White, Black, Twilight, Olive and Ruby (CTMH)
Ink in Black
Lil'Inker Designs Stitched Mats-Squares
Wplus9 Quilt Cuts 2
Papertrey Ink Quilter's Sampler Sentiment stamp set







8 comments:

  1. Love these dies, really wonderful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty...love the amish theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love the simplicity and those beautiful colours! Really nice sympathy card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I LOVE your perfect cuts, perfect layout and perfect card! Perfect inspiration for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Caroline, the stitched mats match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Caroline! The stitched mat goes so well with those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilted card! Simply stated and wonderfully crafted. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more I think about it, the more perfect a quilt is for a sympathy card, Caroline! I am loving this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!