Saturday 21 December 2013

Wishing you Joy! Dynamic Duos #84

Happy Saturday, everyone.
If you're like me, this day will be crammed full of final holiday preparations, shopping, baking, wrapping, get-togethers with friends, snow-shovelling...
Card-making has finally taken a back-seat!
We hope you will play along with this week's Dynamic Duo's challenge, however. Check the blog, but I think you will have two weeks to participate.
It's "Black Tie" week, and the companion colour is a rich red.

I've been seeing the chalkboard technique done with a red background, out on the web.
This link and this image, for instance.
The poster-style stamp I wanted to use actually stamps the background colour, leaving the lettering white, so I couldn't add that rubbed white look. I chose to add some distressing in other ways, trying for a more shabby chic style.
I stamped the focal panel on a long strip of cardstock and scrolled the ends. The black background was inked white on the edges, and the top edge has some Rock Candy Distress glitter, for the "sparkle" option of this week's challenge. The doily and big loopy bow add more texture. The final touch, some sequins from Neat & Tangled's Classic Christmas assortment.
This will definitely be one of those cards you have to hand deliver...

Check out the awesome creations by the other designers:

Hope you'll find time to play along! 

Happy crafting and Happy Christmas!
Caroline

8 comments:

  1. I love it in the red, I've been seeing that combo and LOVE it. who makes that subway art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the red chalkboard/subway art and the icicles on the cared base with the doily, such great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card!! Love the red chalkboard/subway art effect and the black background is wonderful as well!! Marry Christmas to you and your family- have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me think of Santa's list. Beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, Caroline. Love the scrolled main image and the doily and big bow- great take on the blackboard technique! TFS with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOVE this, Caroline! I love the scroll and the sentiment-- love that doily and ribbon--- love love love it all:)

    ps…THANK YOU x1000000000 for watching my videos and for leaving so much love on the Virtual Smooches blog for me! You make me feel extra special-- and I LOVE that someone watches my videos:) LOL! THANK YOU for lifting me up <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!