Sunday 25 May 2014

What's the scoop?!

Hello inky friends,
Here’s another card, made for On-line Card Classes’ Watercolor for Card-Makers.

This time, I “painted in” my stamped image.  Many of the beautiful cards in the class feature flowers. My floral stamp collection was a little thin, so I tried another, more whimsical image.
The cone and ice-cream scoop are stamps from The Stamps of Life.
I stamped the images with Distress ink in Walnut Stain, onto watercolor paper. I moistened the paper with water before adding any color, to allow the paint to flow more.  I scribbled some ink from my Distress markers onto an acrylic block, then picked up the color with a wet paintbrush.
You can build up layers of color, but you have to wait for the first layer to dry or everything kind of mooshes together... Patience is needed for water-coloring! Luckily, all that drippiness looked great on the ice-cream!
This was a lot of fun to make! The color and shading really added depth to the ice-cream cone.  I added a light color wash to the background with Tumbled Glass ink and a “horizon line” with Evergreen Bough.Off to BUY some ice-cream now, at Cow’s Ice-Cream on Prince Edward Island.  Sure sign of summer to come...

Happy painting,
Caroline


4 comments:

  1. How fun! I love that you used a non-floral image. Love the texture and painterly-ness of it, and oh yum! We honeymooned in Nova Scotia and PEI, Cows brings back wonderful memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, I wouldn't know it was asthma I'd just think you'd painteditfrom scratch. I've loved this class too, sooooo inspiring. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! You're right, those drips look fabulous on the ice cream. I don't do the watercolor thing very often, but I loved the class and am inspired by all the different ways participants used the lessons. This card is going in my "to be CASE'd later" file!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. repliche rolex orologi, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of repliche rolex air king orologi, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!