Wednesday 25 March 2015

Birthday Cards

I've been following the newest Online Card Class: Stretch Your Dies.
Lots of great ideas! They inspired me to get caught up on my family birthday card stash. Don't worry, the intended recipients do not read my blog!

Here's the first:
Beautiful Bokeh background with Distress Inks and white pigment ink, plus home-made circle stencil. Then, those lucious-looking letters! These were inspired by Jennifer McGuire. The letters were white card-stock, cut with Avery Elle alpha dies, coloured with Distress Markers and inks to match the card, glossed with Wink of Stella, then covered with Liquid Glass for that shimmery, shiny effect.

Next up, one for my niece. This card is a shameless CASE of Laura Bassen. I used my rubber embossing mats to make the Polaroid impression with a Lil' Inker's die.  I masked off the edge, and stamped a photo-bomb scene, using Paper Smooches Chubby Chum Pals. Those were coloured with Copic Markers.
For the sentiment, I blended two Copic colours from the scene above, then die-cut the letters from Paper Smooches Sassy Script.
I tried a couple different colour combos before deciding on the blue and brown. Lining the dies up with washi tape helped keep them straight, even when using the magnetic platform.
One more view:
I am linking these up to:
And the Online Card Classes' gallery.
Have a crafty week!
Caroline

4 comments:

  1. Love this card. Those animals look so cute peeking out like that. Will have to try that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow both cards are STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luxury UK Rolex Replica Watches, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of rolex pearlmaster 39 rose gold watches, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!