Monday 3 October 2016

Tagging along with FMS #256


Good morning, crafty friends!
Another week, another challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.

This sketch features a large fish-tail tag.  
I made two cards following the sketch and am leaning towards the second, pink one. What do you think?
Both cards feature new stamps and dies from  Stamp of Approval collections, Candy Cane Lane and Lovely Notes (wreath).
I heat-embossed the Lovely wreath in white on vellum, as I didn't want to lose the detail on the patterned tag. The pine cones and greeting are embossed on copper powder from WOW.
For this card, I reversed the plain and patterned paper and created a swag using the stamps from the Candy Cane Collection Beautiful Boughs. The JOY die is from the same collection. Less busy and better balance, I think.

How is your Christmas card stash coming along?  Make sure to check out the details on the Caring Hearts Card Drive HERE or HERE, and get crafty!

Caroline

4 comments:

  1. Love that second card! Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous duo of Holiday cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how both of your cards use the banner to highlight the cute little pinecones! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Bonjour!
    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on your blog!
    It has allowed me to discover your world here and I must say I love your style.
    Your cards are very meticulously created and so esthetically pleasing.
    I see we share quite a few common interests apart from card-making and scrapbooking as well (language, PEI to name a couple)
    Hope you'll drop by again,
    Au plaisir!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!