Monday 7 October 2013

Doubly Irresistible how-to...

I'm back from the awesome World Card-Making Day OWH blog hop with a quick lesson on how I created the focal image for my card, posted HERE.

All credit goes to the ever-inventive Jennifer McGuire. See her post, with video tutorial, HERE.

Briefly, you want to use a stamped image with an outline, such as the True ThankYou stamp I used:
  • Start with a piece of white card-stock, and using VersaMark ink, heat-emboss the message with white, fine-detail powder. 
  • Colour the letters or image as desired (I used alcohol markers), filling in the outline. 
  • Apply more VersaMark over your colouring, this time heat-embossing with CLEAR powder.
  • Your image is now sealed & secure and you can begin sponging colour over the whole thing, to make the white really stand out. I used the Tim Holtz ink-blending tool, and my dye-based ink pad, starting in the middle of the image and working my way out.

Jennifer McGuire used a "Wink of Stella" pen to wet her image before adding the final layer of clear embossing powder. Not having that nice little item, I just used a Versamark pen.

I did add clear embossing to my little hearts, though, for some extra shine.

Have fun experimenting with this technique!
Happy crafting,
Caroline

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caroline. Came from your comment on my blog, and found you have some really great cards on here. Love what you are doing. Usually, just click on the one posted in the Atlantic Hearts Sketch blog and comment, but this week, thankfully not one for me to do so, got none posted. Thanks for your comment, and again, some gorgeous cards on here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!